Blessings

Blessings

Background

Free background from VintageMadeForYou

PLEASE CLICK ON ME TO TAKE YOU TO MEMORARE

Thursday, February 5, 2015

It Is More Blessed To Give Than To Receive*



Corinne was a little girl who was all alone in the world. Her father and mother were both dead. Corinne was so poor that she no longer had a room to live in; neither did she have a bed to sleep in. All Corinne owned were the clothes that she was wearing. As regards food, she had nothing more to eat than a small piece of bread that someone had given her.

Corinne was forsaken by all the world but hoped that God would find a way to help her.
One day she left her home village. Corinne hadn't walked very far when she saw an old man sitting by the wayside. 'Oh, my dear child, give me something to eat. I'm so hungry,' he murmured to her. Corinne, without hesitation, gave him her piece of bread.

When she had gone a little further and the church spire of her village could no longer be seen, she came upon ayoung child. He only had a shirt on and begged, 'Could you give me something to cover my head? I'm so terribly cold.' Corinne, taking pity on the child took off her bonnet and gave it to him.

Further along the road Corinne observed another child by the woods. She only wore a vest and was trembling with cold. She pleaded, 'Dear girl, I'm so terribly cold without a skirt. Haven't you a little skirt for me?' Corinne, herself, only had her vest and skirt but without hesitating she took off her skirt and presented it to the freezing child and walked on.

Meanwhile it had become evening. It was dark in the woods. Then another child came towards her and asked, 'I'm so cold, haven't you a vest for me?'

Corinne considered this carefully; she thought it's dark here in the wood. Nobody will see me. It won't matter if I have no clothes and she took off her vest, too, and handed it to the child.

As Corinne stood there without any clothes, the stars started to fall down from the sky. They were all hard, shining pennies and although she had just given away her vest, she realized she had new one on. It was made out of the most delicate fabric and much nicer than her own. Corinne held out the vest with both hands and collected as many of the pennies as she could.

From then on she was rich and lived without any worries at all.


*Bible: Acts 20:35

No comments:

Post a Comment